Saturday, January 24, 2009

Indian Ocean

The one music band I am in awe of is 'Indian Ocean'. I just can't stop listening to them and talking about them with anyone and everyone whenever I get the slightest of chance. When I was in college (REC Rourkela then, now NIT Rourkela), Varun (my immediate neighbor in hostel) gave me the album 'Kandisha' saying it's something dedicated to Indian rivers.

Some events just stay in your memory forever and I can still visualize that evening as I am writing this. It was that day when I was introduced to the amazing world of Indian Ocean. Words fail me to praise them enough. You won't find such original and free flowing music anywhere.

Anyone who has listened the background score of movie 'Black Friday' will think if these guys don't deserve a Golden Globe or Oscar then who else. Anyway many other things work in the nomination and it's loss of these awards that they are missing the name 'Indian Ocean' from their list. I like them all but here are few of my favorites.

  • Khajuraho
  • Bhor
  • Nam Myo Ho
  • Torrent
  • Kandisha
  • Kaun
  • Kya Maloom
  • Boll Weavil
  • Bharam Bhap Ke
  • Opening
  • Bandeh
  • Let Me Speak
  • After the War

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home