Sunday, August 17, 2008

Music Sustains Me

Mad. Crazy. Insane. That's me about Music. Be it happiness or sorrow, I celebrate or mourn with music. It helps me experience different emotions which I might not do in real life. I go to an infinite loop of listening once I like any song. I get stuck in the net of those beautiful words for long time. And the black magic breaks only by another infinite loop.

Music sustains me. Period.

My current obsession is the album 'Aghaaz' by the Pakistani band 'Gurus Trilogy'. I came across this band around two years back and they fall into Fusion genre. The songs 'Shaam' and 'Intezaar' are awesome.

"Shaam ho rahi hai tum yaad aa rahe ho
Sari woh baatein leke ab kyun aa gaye ho

Tumne yeh kaha tha ke na tum aaoge
"

Very simple but meaningful lyrics. Given that almost all possible combination and permutation of love thoughts are already written, these simple lines and great composition makes the song 'Shaam' special.

Shaam

Tere bin yeh dil soona hai kyun

Shaam ho rahi hai tum yaad aa rahe ho
Sari woh baatein leke ab kyun aa gaye ho

Tumne yeh kaha tha ke na tum aaoge

Tere bin yeh dil soona hai kyun
Tere bin yeh dil soona hai kyun

Janoona yeh naina roye kyun roye kyun

Tadpaya hai kyun aur roli yun
Bole jo agar tu jane dun

Shaam ho rahi hai tum yaad aa rahe ho
Sari woh baatein leke ab kyun aa gaye ho

Tumne yeh kaha tha ke na tum aaoge

Shaam ho rahi hai tum yaad aa rahe ho

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home