Sunday, August 24, 2008

Aatish Kapadia "A Genius"

I don't label people Genius easily. I am going to add one more name 'Aatish Kapadia' to my following list of people whom I admire.

  • Sachin Tendulkar
  • Shane Warne
  • Gulzar
  • Kishore Kumar
  • A R Rahman
  • Hrishikesh Mukherjee

Aatish Kapadia is many things in a single entity; A writer,director,actor,lyricist and producer. And on top of that he is completely mad. The writer of Khichdi, Instant Khichdi and Sarabhai Vs Sarabhai has to be mad. But I love his madness. The humor he creates is absolutely original and unique. The characters are real and child at heart. There are few critics who dismiss Khichdi saying the jokes are too literal, but I dismiss them. To able to think out of box, to create the unthinkable situations, to create the humor with childish innocence and to able to laugh at oneself require extraordinary talent, courage and conviction.

I can see shades of myself in his characters. Thanks Aatish for the unadulterated joy and showing me the mirror.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home