Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Mera Kuch Samaan

I have always loved this song. But, I didn't know the context earlier. And now that I watched the movie yesterday (yeah, somehow missed this brilliant movie till now), I love it more. Everything will be less and nothing will be much in praise of Gulzar saab. So, I rest by saying this movie was so ahead of it's time.

The poetry is awesome and I specially like the portion before the song starts.

ek dafa woh yaad hai tumko
bin batti jab cycle ka chalan hua tha
humne kaise bhuke pyase becharon si acting ki thi
hawaldar ne ulta ek atthani deke wapas bhej diya tha
ek chamanni meri thi woh bhijwado

sawan ke kuch bheege bheege din rakhe hain
aur mere ek khat mein lipti kuch raat padi hai
woh raat bhijwado
aur bhi kuch samaan tumhare paas pada hai
woh bhijwado

patjhad hai..
patjhad main kuch patton ke girne ki aahat
kaanon main ek baar pahan ke laut aai thee
patajhad ki vo saakh abhi tak kaanp rahi hai
woh bhijwado

ek sau sola chand ki raatein
ek tumhare kaandhe ka teel
geeli mehendi ki khusboo
jhoot moot ke waadein



Movie : Ijaazat
Lyrics : Gulzar
Music : R D Burman
Director : Gulzar

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Pappu said...

Exactly my experience...always liked the song. Then saw the movie and fell in love with the song all over again.

8:20 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My fav song, thnx for the post

6:44 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home