Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Departed - Awesome movie

Brilliant direction,plot,acting and background score

The acting by all characters is of high quality.But undoubtedly Jack Nicholson's performance stands out.

Jack Nicholson plays the role of a ruthless,evil,a little funny crime boss.The calmness in which he delivers the authorative dialogues of a don is superb.The movie starts with the following line by Nicholson which sums up his entire character in this movie.

I don't want to be a product of my environment; I want my environment to be a product of me.

And this line depicts the strength of his convivtion.

When I was your age they used to say you could become cops or criminals. What I'm saying to you is this... When you are facing a loaded gun, what's the difference? "

I was impressed by Martin Scorsese in 'The Aviator' and now I am a huge fan of his.It will be unjust if I don't mention the background score.It will just creep into your subconscious mind,atleast it did to me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home