Monday, January 11, 2010

Asheem, the soul of Indian Ocean is no more

I am deeply pained to know that Asheem Chakravarty, the lead percussionist and singer of Indian Ocean band is no more. He was one of those rare percussionists who could sing while playing the tabla. Most of the compositions by Indian Ocean have minimal vocals but Asheem and Rahul give soul to them and you can feel the words coming straight out from the heart.


I was fortunate to attend one of their concert in Hyderabad and I can vouch that no band or singer even comes a distant close to their live performance and on stage presence. Khajuraho is my favorite song and every time I will listen to it, Asheem playing the tabla, will flash in front of my eyes.

Indina Ocean will not be the same anymore and you will be missed Asheem.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home