Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Ranjhana

Dev D has been due for a long time. Finally listening to the album thanks to a friend. The album overall is quite good and different. There are few numbers which stand out for me. One of them is a small but soulful song 'Ranjhana' which will touch your heart.

Okie Okie. I can hear my friends shouting what's new that I liked this song. A slow song with a touch of sadness. That's enough for me to like. They are partly right and somehow I end up liking slow songs with meaningful lyrics. But I must admit that I love many songs which I don't understand a single bit. Next post will be a Himachali folk song which I had no clue about till a friend explained me the lyrics.

Na raha mera yaar
Tune sang, tune ang naa lagayi
Birha ki agni mein chokhi jalayi
Hadd se bhi hadd hadd kardi
Na chaali dil ki marzi
Chhaliya ve jaa jaa
Baat dekhi teri barson maine
Gaaj tune giradi dil pe more
Bedardi samjha na tu more sukh ko
Tujh bin din raat ke saaye,
Tujh bin kuch bhaaye na haye...

Dhola, dhola re...





Music : Amit Trivedi
Lyrics : Shellee
Singers : Shilpa Rao & Kshitiz Tarey

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home