Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Kabir Again..

Ankhiyan To Chhayee Pari,
Panth Nihari Nihari
Jihadiyan Chhaala Parya,
Naam Pukari Pukari
Birha Kamandal Kar Liye,
Bairagi Do Nain
Mange Daras Madhukari,
Chhake Rahe Din Rain
Sub Rung Tanti Rabaab Tan,
Birha Bajave Nit
Aur Na Koyee Sun Sake,
Kea Sayeen Ke Chit

Translation:

My eyes have developed black spots
Watching the path whence you may come
Blistered has become my tongue
chanting away your name
Separation pangs fill my begging bowl
Void is all in the two eyes
Anxious for only a glimpse delight
Waiting patiently day and night
All colors mitigate and moan
Discontent is the painful song
None else can hear this cry
Unless you, my Love, will

--Kabir

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger IG said...

i ike bulle shah a lot especially thaiyya thaiyya

10:34 PM  
Blogger IG said...

sufi poets are the best
everytime I listen to them
I reafffirm my religious belief that it's one blood all

10:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home